FULL SWING SELECTED AS AN OFFICIAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNER OF TGL, UPCOMING TECH-FORWARD, TEAM GOLF LEAGUE
Innovative Golf League is Fusing Advanced Tech and Live Action Using Full Swing’s Entire Product Suite, including Full Swing KIT Launch Monitors, Simulator, Virtual Green, and Custom Software
“I trust Full Swing to help power a majority of TGL’s gameplay platform,” said Tiger Woods
CARLSBAD, CA and ORLANDO, FL (August 9, 2023) – TGL today announced Full Swing as an Official Technology Partner, contributing a majority of tech solutions for TGL’s innovative gameplay. With Full Swing being Official Licensee of the PGA TOUR in the golf simulator category and as the personal choice of numerous TGL players; most notably Tiger Woods, Jon Rahm, and Xander Schauffele; they have been integral to the development of TGL’s gameplay technology over the past year. As a result, Full Swing technology will be utilized as the driving force of the TGL gameplay experience, which ultimately will feature more than 10 integrated technology elements. The announcement was made by Ryan Dotters, CEO, Full Swing and Andrew Macaulay, CTO, TGL and TMRW Sports.
“When we started looking at the technology required to make TGL a reality, I knew that Full Swing would be the key company I’d be comfortable working with to provide the best experience for players and viewers,” said Woods, co-founder TMRW Sports and committed TGL player. “I’ve used Full Swing for almost ten years now and they continually innovate to make the experience better across their entire product line that I use at home and on the range. This is why I trust Full Swing to help power a majority of TGL’s gameplay platform.”
“Between Tiger and Mike McCarley, we’ve been working with key players at TGL for years and we can’t wait to show the world how Full Swing is going to help bring TGL to life,” said Dotters. “Across our simulator software experience, KIT launch monitor, and Virtual Green that can literally shift the type of putts the players will face, our entire product line will be represented with TGL. We’re actively customizing and super-sizing these tech solutions and several software platforms for the league’s unique needs.”
“Over three years, Full Swing has been working with TGL’s gameplay and technology teams to help develop our never-before-seen sports concept of merging live action and virtual technology,” said Macaulay. “In the end, a majority of the technology solutions driving our gameplay experience will be Full Swing, including the custom game architecture weaving all our official technology partners together to create a seamless TGL experience.”
Full Swing’s Key Elements of TGL’s Gameplay Tech Stack:
- Full Swing KIT Launch Monitor: Accurate moment of impact data for each TGL shot, including ball and club measurements.
- Virtual Golf Holes: Leading TGL’s virtual world environment and the implementation of TGL’s custom designed golf holes played on a massive screen within the venue, which operates on a customized Full Swing Golf simulator software platform.
- Virtual Caddie: Interactive yardage book on a touchscreen monitor that allows TGL teams to preview and strategize on each hole.
- Virtual Green by Full Swing: Three separate 15’ x 27’ Virtual Greens within TGL’s 3,800 square foot putting green, each the largest ever built with 189 actuators and jacks.
- Gameplay System Architecture: Connecting virtual and live action technologies through custom software for TGL’s gameplay experience.
- Full Swing Simulators: Additionally, TGL teams will warm up on Full Swing Pro 2.0 Simulators featuring a customizable driving range to prepare for matches.
TGL is an innovative, new primetime golf league that fuses technology and live action with teams of PGA TOUR stars competing in a purpose-built arena in Palm Beach, Fla. across a season of matches starting in January 2024. Technology is a foundational element of TGL, offering fans a cutting-edge, shorter format presentation of team golf, featuring some of the PGA TOUR’s biggest superstars. Currently, 12 players committed to playing in TGL have been announced, including Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa, Matt Fitzpatrick, Justin Rose, Adam Scott, Xander Schauffele, Max Homa, Rickie Fowler, and Billy Horschel. With currently 5 of the top 10 players in the world, this initial list of committed players has won 28 major championships, 190 PGA TOUR wins, and collectively has ranked as the World No. 1 for 886 weeks.
- Teams: Six teams of three PGA TOUR players in head-to-head, match play. Two team ownership groups have been finalized with Los Angeles Golf Club, led by Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams; and TGL Boston, led by the Fenway Sports Group.
- Tech-Forward Venue: A first-of-its-kind experience for golf enabled by a data-rich, virtual course paired with a tech-infused, short-game complex.
- Tech-Enabled Fan Experience: High-energy, greenside fan experience with every shot live within a two-hour, primetime televised match.
- Season: 15 regular season matches followed by semifinals and finals matches.
About Full Swing Golf, Inc.
Full Swing, a proud partner of Bruin Capital, is the brand responsible for the industry-leading sports technology innovation chosen as the Official Licensed Simulator of The PGA TOUR. As the only simulator brand with patented dual-tracking technology that has evolved to tri-tracking technology providing unmatched real ball flight on the world’s most iconic courses and across more than 30 dynamic sport experiences, they offer the most complete indoor experience. The Full Swing KIT launch monitor has been tested and trusted by Tiger Woods to give golfers 16 points of club and ball data with high-resolution video included, so golfers can complement the indoor simulator experience with the most innovative launch monitor outdoors. Among Team Full Swing’s impressive roster of champions are PGA TOUR stars Tiger Woods, Jon Rahm, Xander Schauffele, Jordan Spieth and many more along with the NFL’s Patrick Mahomes & Josh Allen and the NBA’s Steph Curry. Head to fullswinggolf.com for the latest product offerings and news.
About TMRW Sports Group: (pronounced “tomorrow sports”)
Founded by Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, and sports executive Mike McCarley, TMRW Sports is focused on harnessing technology to build progressive approaches in sports, media, and entertainment to create new pathways for the next generation to enjoy sports. TMRW Sports’ first project, TGL, is an innovative league launched in partnership with the PGA TOUR. TMRW Sports is supported by an all-star roster of athletes, celebrities, and business leaders from the worlds of sports, media, technology, and finance who make up a powerful and diverse investor group. TMRW Sports joins Woods’ TGR Ventures and McIlroy’s Symphony Ventures, and is led by McCarley, founder and CEO. For more, visit TMRWSportsGroup.com.
TMRW Sports Media Contacts:
+46702877637 (mobile and WhatsApp)
407-429-8402 (U.S. mobile)
Senior Communications Consultant
Full Swing Media Contact:
Senior Director, Marketing